Friday, April 16, 2010

How to Claim a Token in Technorati?

I started a  in Technorati and it was . I filled all the blanks with all the necessary information like, my blog's URL, my blog's RSS Feed URL and possible tags for it.

After submitting the Blog Claim, the next step is to "". It means that Technorati will verify if I am the real author of the site and they will look for a in my site. They will assign a (ex. A8632434YG5) for that claim. But the problem is, what will I do with the token? There's no exact instruction so you will find it confusing.


These are the things that you need to know.

1. Copy the Claim Token (ex. A8632434YG5). You can find it directly in or in your email address.

2-A. Go to your Blogger Account and to your Edit Posts area. Open your latest post and paste the Token code (ex. A8632434YG5) anywhere in your post's content.

2-B. Or if you want, just create a New Post. You can put whatever title you want, ex. Technorati Code. Then paste the Claim Token (ex. A8632434YG5) in the content section. You will see that it is the only content of your post, but that's okey.

3. Go back to Technorati site and . Wait while they evaluate or read your site's data. In my case, it took a couple of minutes before I got a confirmation below.



4. Once you received that , you can go back to Blogger and delete the post that you have created.

5. Wait until Technorati completed their review over your blog.

In my experience, it took more than 5 hours to . After that, the site will be listed in the Technorati Blog Directory.


Updated (2010-04-20)

I have submitted a Blog Claim in Technorati and noticed that they have improved the instructions on how to Claim a Token. Now, it's absolutely easier and clearer to follow the Blog Claiming procedures.

No comments: